Friday, March 2, 2007

snow day


One of the few highlights of winter: The Snow Day. All the better if it falls on a Friday! Even more so if you actually take advantage of it instead of slogging your way through a blizzard of snow, ice and bad drivers to get to work (on time, even) like I did. I'm a model employee, what can I say?

Since I've been robbed of my Snow Day, I've decided to stage a peaceful, one-person protest from my desk in the form of a stoppage of work. Today, I'm going to buck my usual slave-like work ethic and do absolutely nothing that is work-related. OK, so it's not much different from what I do most days.

So, in the middle of my "doing nothing work-related", I came across one of those "getting to know you" quizzes. I don't normally do these because the questions are usually lame and they ellicit equally lame responses that give the subject's readers absolutely no new insight into their life or personality. This one, however, is a little different and has many possibilities for fun, and we all know I'm all about the fun. The directions are simple:


1. Choose a band/artist.

2. Answer ONLY using titles of their songs.


I chose the Dave Matthews Band for the simple reason that they are, in my books, they best artists of ALL TIME.

Here goes:

Are you male or female: Dream Girl

Describe yourself: So Much To Say


How do some people feel about you: Crazy


How do you feel about yourself: Busted Stuff

Describe your ex boyfriend / girlfriend: Fool To Think


Describe current boyfriend / girlfriend: Too Much


Describe where you want to be: Bartender

Describe how you live: You Never Know

Describe how you love: Crash Into Me


What would you ask for if you had just one wish: If I Had It All


Share a few words of Wisdom: Everybody Wake Up

Now say goodbye: Say Goodbye


That was a bit more challenging than I thought. Good times. Good times. So, what to do with the rest of the day's afternoon, hey?


Update:


Turns out that my protest was not in vain: the Powers That Be, in their infinite graciousness, have allowed us minions to leave work 1.5 hours early due to the deteriorating weather conditions. Of course, it'll take me at least that much time to dig my car out.

1 comment:

k1 said...

I love snow days. Unfortunately, I never get them. hmpft. lol.