Wednesday, February 20, 2008

happiness by force

So, I've been having a really rough time at work since, oh, JULY and today I seem to be having a particularly hard time coping. My workload is insane, my boss in constantly in my backyard and I've had it. Up. To. Here. (That, and it's the week before thattimeofthemonth and I always seem to feel a little more off kilter than usual right around then.)

Anyhow, I've been exchanging e-mails with B today and I've been ranting about the state of things and making idle threats about quitting, jumping off bridges, et cetera. I was feeling particularly low this morning and mentioned that I was having a hard time not bursting into tears.

This was his response:
(I removed our names for anonymity's sake, but trust that it really does rhyme.)

An ode to a quasi-tearful L

Never fear, dear L
There is no need to fret
For here comes some happiness
From the big bear, that is B
he's here to make you happy
to make you smile with conviction
and if you happen to be testy
he'll put you in a submission.


It made all the difference. :)

2 comments:

Jen_n_Jake said...

Awe! Leave it to B! Yay B-man! Excellent post, and ghappy that you have someone to cheer you up.

Alison said...

Very sweet. He sounds like a good egg indeed. Sorry things are still so rough; I hope you'll find a way out, around, or through very soon.