Thursday, April 3, 2008

shakespeare would be proud

About ten years ago (WAY before it was cool, I might add), I bought a set of magnetic fridge poetry for my very first apartment. I remember ordering it online, back when online shopping was new and unchartered territory for most, and paying some ridiculous price (in USD no less) on top of the even more ridiculous shipping and handling fee. I had visions of the many parties I would throw and imagined my guests congregating in the kitchen trying to come up with the wittiest of verse while getting tipsy from the drink. In reality, in the few short months that I lived in that apartment, I'm not sure that I had many guests, let alone parties, but I digress... After I moved from Toronto back to Ottawa, practically everything I owned went into storage - and stayed there - for several years, including my little box of fridge poetry.

Whilst going through my junk in preparation for the move to my current place, I came across the box once again. I couldn't have asked for a better find: the fridge in the new place is a little antiquated and its appearance leaves a little to be desired (I think its colour was called "almond" back in the 80s when it was at the height of appliance fashion). Once again, I had visions of all the parties I would throw and imagined my guests congregating in the kitchen trying to come up with the wittiest of verse while getting tipsy from the drink. This time, however, my dreams were realised!

The following is a sampling of the... er... "talent" of the people I surround myself with:

Very sweet.

Awww!


Le sigh.




And then there's the usual suspects:

Knowing who authored this little ditty, I have to admit that I'm a bit surprised...
J, you naughty girl! ;)


I will not reveal the "muse" for this poem, but shall remind
certain individuals of the saying, "Those in glass houses..."

2 comments:

Jen_n_Jake said...

he he love it.

k1 said...

Cute idea! My musings aren't there though - were they just to witty for you? ;)